Worthington Education Association (WEA) Scholarship.
Thanks for your interest in the Worthington Educational Association (WEA) Scholarship. The Worthington Education Association is proud once again to sponsor two $1000.00 scholarships. Any high school senior who is a dependent of a current WEA member is eligible to apply.
The application deadline is Monday, April 05, 2021. The WEA awards committee will inform applicants sometime after Monday, April 19, 2021. Scholarship checks will be made out to the university or college in the student's name.
Here's what you'll need to complete the online application:
- Student and Parent contact and employment information.
- Post high school plans (college you will attend, estimated costs, parent/student contributions, financial aid awards).
- A description of school, athletic, and community activities with years of participation and contact references.
- Leadership positions with years of participation.
- A list of hours/honors/special recognition with years achieved.
- A description of work-related experience and your future goals.
- A description of any extenuating circumstances that you would like the committee to consider when reviewing your application.
- A response to the following prompt (there is no length requirement): "Explain how the Worthington Education Association has impacted your education."
- PDF's of your most recent transcript and 2 letters of recommendation (emailed.. see below).
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the Online Application
- EMAIL (attach) a PDF of your most recent transcript (click here to learn how) and 2 letters of recommendation to:
- The subject line of the email should read "2021 WEA Scholarship Application".
- The text field should contain your first/last name, home address, and cell phone number (no information will be shared outside of the scholarship committee).
NOTE: DO NOT FAX OR MAIL MATERIALS to the WEA, Kilbourne, or Thomas offices. Applications (PDF's) must be received BY the deadline. No late applications (emailed after 04/05/2021) will be accepted.
- For questions or additional information about this scholarship, contact:
- If you have questions/problems conpleting the online application form, or sending your transcript and/or letters of rec, contact: